SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
DATA ARCHITECT / DATABASE DEVELOPER / DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Over 14 years’ experience in developing data solutions, engineering software applications, and utilization of data modeling to design data architecture for Fortune 1000 companies and government organizations. Senior Team Lead with strong project management background, able to drive forward progress and achieve objectives within time and budget parameters. Rapid career progression due to breadth of knowledge and abilities. Natural teacher, able to achieve knowledge transfer, mentoring and training of both technical groups and business units. Continuous education and achievement in Microsoft SQL Server and development tools demonstrated by publications and certifications. Active in the SQL Server community volunteering expertise to the Professional Association for SQL Server Professionals.
Microsoft Certified IT Professional / Microsoft Certified Trainer
SENIOR PRINCIPAL DATABASE ENGINEER
8/2011 to Present
Hired to lead the SQL Server development on the online gaming product.
SENIOR SQL SERVER DATABASE DEVELOPER
10/2009 to 8/2011
Hired as the Senior Development DBA to bridge the knowledge gap between the application developers and the production DBA’s. Became involved in troubleshooting and performance tuning Travelport’s most critical customer facing applications that rely on SQL Server databases.
Developed and deployed changes which resulted in increasing capacity by 20% and reduced response time in half on a high transaction volume application.
Developed alternative schema to further increase capacity of the application, utilize less hardware, and further reduce response time.
Mentored application developers on efficient ways of accessing data in SQL Server to reduce resource utilization.
Specific Technologies Utilized: SQL Server 2005, 2008, Windows 2003, 2008; SSIS; ER/Studio; Visual Studio 2005 (C#); Red-Gate Tools; SQLNexus; ClearTrace; Confio Ignite
5/2009 to 10/2009
Brought in as a consultant to be the lead SQL Server database development expert and data model architect to design a new comprehensive healthcare claim data model to serve the new application initiatives. Working in conjunction with WebMethods consultants to develop a claim canonical to be used throughout the process, created maps for X12 837, HCFA 1500, UB 92, as well as proprietary files from trading partners. Created the logical and physical model based upon Silverston’s Universal Data Model to ensure flexibility in offering future products and handling new trading partners. Also instrumental in mentoring the current DBA in performance tuning and troubleshooting issues.
- Consolidated data model from over 2800 attributes in the claims subject area to just over 400.
- Identified major areas for consolidation as well as key areas to remove redundant data.
- Created traces to determine bottlenecks and worst performing queries. Created strategies for development to help reuse cached query plans and create more efficient queries.
Specific Technologies Utilized: SQL Server 2008, Windows 2003, 2008; SSIS; ER/Studio; UDM; WebMethods; XML; Visual Studio 2008 (C#); Red-Gate Tools; SQLNexus; ClearTrace
Georgia Department of Revenue
10/2007 to 4/2009
Brought in as a consultant to be the lead SQL Server database development expert and architect in both production and development environments. Worked on the design and first implementation phase of an integrated tax solution which will join together disparate tax systems using MDM and ETL. Also engaged as the database design and development expert of a hiring management application package that will be used statewide.
- Performed comprehensive studies and analysis of data processing functions, methods, and procedures and made recommendations concerning the feasibility of revising existing operations or adapting new applications for data processing solutions.
- Redesigned hiring management application data model to allow faster and more consistent data loads from Peoplesoft.
- Monitored and maintained existing application interaction with SQL Server and developed new procedures and application recommendations to improve query response.
Specific Technologies Utilized: SQL Server 2005, 2008; Windows 2003, 2003 R2; SSIS; SOA; SMO; XML; Visual Studio 2005, 2008 (C#); Red-Gate Tools
DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR / DATABASE DEVELOPER
2/2007 to 10/2007
Served as the lead database development expert and architect working with SQL Server 2000 and 2005 as well as other Microsoft technologies in both production and development environments. Managed multiple projects simultaneously often involving divergent technologies and strategies. Performed scalability analysis and provided detailed information to development to improve process accuracy and speed. Migrated large (7 TB) historical data warehouse to the SQL 2005 platform and increased performance by using database and table partitioning. Created high availability solutions using replication, mirroring, and storage device snapshots.
- Lead initiatives to partition databases and systems on SAN implementation (HP EVA and Hitachi USP) to maximize storage utilization while minimizing disk contention. Increased capabilities of Retailcard OLTP database to handle triple the transactions per second.
- Converted existing iterative data processing applications which took hours to complete into set based processes that would finish in a few minutes allowing for near-time reconciliation.
DATABASE DEVELOPER / DATA ARCHITECT
10/2005 to 2/2007
Served as the lead database development expert and architect working with SQL Server 2000 and 2005 as well as other Microsoft technologies in development environment. Developed data marts, archiving strategies, integration workflows and tools, and operational data stores for large OLTP database. Served as lead SQL Server support for largest clients and developed custom solutions to solve critical issues.
- Lead initiatives to consolidate databases and systems on high availability clustered data utility servers with SAN implementation as well as backup and recovery models to shorten downtime and data loss.
- Worked with the major clients to identify specific areas of improvement based upon their current processing load and hardware capabilities.
Specific Technologies Utilized: SQL Server 2000, 2005; Windows 2000, 2003, 2003 R2; DTS; SSIS; SQLXML; XML; Visual Studio 2003, 2005 (C#); Red-Gate Tools; Embarcadero ERStudio, DBArtisian; Imceda LiteSpeed.
INFORMATIONS SYSTEM CONSULTANT / PROJECT MANAGER
3/2000 to 10/2005
Recruited to serve as lead database development expert and architect working with Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, LDAP, and Microsoft technologies in development environment. Managed multiple projects simultaneously often involving divergent technologies and strategies. Developed data integration workflows and tools, data warehouses, data marts, and operational data stores for diverse systems. Applied breadth of knowledge and ability to all data-related development tasks in support of 12 software developers engaged in distributed applications development.
- Created various data warehouses, data marts, and operational data stores for different lines of business as well as all of investments. The largest data warehouse allows the business to evaluate the performance and risk of the portfolio across all asset types.
Specific Technologies Utilized: Oracle 8i, 9i; DB2 7.1, 8.1; SQL Server 2000; Windows 2000; Windows 2003; DTS; SQLXML; IIS; ASP; ASP.Net; DataJunction; SWIFT; XML; Windows XP; Visual Studio 6, 2002, 2003
INFORMATION SYSTEMS CONSULTANT
Maxim Group, Inc.
2/1999 to 3/2000
INFORMATION SYSTEMS CONSULTANT
10/1998 to 2/1999
NETWORK ENGINEER / DEVELOPER / TRAINER
10/1997 to 10/1998
SENIOR MEMBER – TECHNICAL STAFF / DISTRIBUTED APPLICATION DEVELOPER
Seagate Software, Inc.
10/1995 to 10/1997
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Masters of Science – Computer Information Systems
University of Phoenix, Phoenix, Arizona
Bachelor of Science – Computer Science
University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida
Associate of Arts
Edison Community College, Fort Myers, Florida
Microsoft Certified Professional (1032446)
MCT (Microsoft Certified Trainer)
MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer 2008
MCITP: Database Administrator 2008
MCITP: Database Developer 2005, 2008
AFFILIATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
PASS (Professional Association for SQL Server)
SIG Leader – App Dev (2007, 2008, 2009)
Online Committee (2006)
Program Committee US (2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010)
Program Committee Europe (2008, 2009, 2010)
Technical Editor / Contributing Author – Mistry, Ross: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Management and Administration. Sams Publishing, 2008. ISBN: 0-67233-044-X.
Author – Chaffin, Mark; Knight, Brian; Robinson, Todd; et al: Professional SQL Server 2000 DTS. Wrox Press, 2000. ISBN: 1-86100-441-9.
Technical Editor – Miller, Frank; Reese, Rachelle: Professional SQL Server 7.0 Development using SQL-DMO, SQL-NS and DTS. Wrox Press, 1999. ISBN: 1-86100-280-7.